Onboard: Task Completion before Official Start Date
Joy has completed and submitted all of the tasks that can be submitted before her start date. The Tasks table below lists all of the complete and incomplete tasks.
There are several standard forms in the system that cannot be signed by new hires until the first day of work:
- SF-61: Appointment Affidavit
- SF-2809: Health Benefits Election
- SF-2817: Life Insurance Election
- SF-3109: FERS Election of Coverage
- TSP-1: Thrift Savings Plan Election
- TSP-1-C: Thrift Savings Plan Catch-up Contribution Election
Joy will be able to complete these remaining tasks after the HR office reviews her submitted tasks, establishes the start date, and extends the official job offer. During this phase of the onboarding process, Joy will wait for further instruction from her hiring agency.